Presented by Richard Kauc
Sponsored by Covidien & ACCES
In this webinar discussed the following:
- various ministry of health and respiratory guidelines
- why we need to filter patients exhaled breaths
- how filters work – what does N95, N99 or N100 mean?
- specific infection control issues to ventilators
- how we can protect ourselves at the bed side and when a vent is sent to biomed for service or PM’s.
This presentation educated the audience about the hazards that my be living inside a ventilator. In the age of SARS, and Drug Resistant TB we should all be treating ventilator that comes to the Biomed department as Biological Hazard just as a blood soaked pump.
|Webinar Name||Webinar ID|
|Infection Control and how it pertains to Ventilators||311388979|
|Actual Start Date & Time||Actual Duration (minutes)|
|Nov 24, 2011 01:41 PM AST||67|
|Registered (#)||Opened Invitation (#)|
|Clicked Registration Link (#)||Total Attendees (#)|